Magic of Maya Spices for Authentic Taste
Mango phirni is an ultimate comfort dessert in a bowl. A fantastically rich, creamy, silky smooth pudding that is popular as aam ki phirni in North India.
- Maya Mango pulp – 1 cup
- Basmati rice – 1/4 cup, soaked for 20 minutes in water, drained and ground to a fine paste adding 1/2 cup milk
- Full cream milk – 4 cups
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Almonds – 8-10, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes, peel skin and grind to a paste
- Green cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pistachios – fistful, finely chopped
- Saffron – 8-9 strands (optional) soak in 2 tbsps of milk
Recipe for Mango Phirni:
- Bring the milk to a boil in a heavy bottomed vessel. Simmer till it reduces to 3/4 th of its original quantity.
- While the milk is simmering, drain the soaked basmati rice and grind to a fine paste by adding 1/2 cup of the boiled milk. Remove to a vessel and set aside.
- After the milk has reduced to 3/4th of its original quantity, slowly add the ground rice mixture and keep on stirring till it blends well into the milk and it starts to thicken.
- Keep on stirring so that the bottom does not burn. The stirring could take anytime between 12-15 minutes. Add almond paste, cardamom powder and sugar and continue to stir till the sugar dissolves and it forms a nice creamy mixture with no lumps. Turn off flame and allow to come to room temperature.
- Add the mango pulp to the phirni mixture and mix well. Remove to a serving bowl and chill until serving time.
- At the time of serving, ladle the phirni into serving bowls, garnish with chopped pistachios.
To check out more of our products, visit us at http://www.mayafoods.com/shop/products.html