A typical South Asian curry consists of chicken stewed in an onion and tomato-based sauce, flavored with ginger, garlic, mango chutney, tomato puree, chili peppers and a variety of spices, often including turmeric, cumin, coriander, and so on.
Magic of Maya Spices for Authentic Taste
- 2 Tspn Maya Oil
- 1 tsp Maya Pure Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Maya Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Small Maya Bay Leaves
- 2 Maya Green Cardamom Cloves
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 3-4 Roma Tomato Chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp King Ginger paste
- 1/2 Green Chilli or 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 cup of Cilantro
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 lb Chicken
- 1 cup of water
Method of Preparation:
- Heat Oil and Ghee in a large Skillet
- Saute Fennel Seeds, Cinnamon Stick, Green Cardamom and Bay Leaves
- Stir in Onions until lightly browned
- Add ginger, garlic and green chillis; let cook
- Add tomato, salt, turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder. Let this cook well.
- Add water if needed; add chicken stock
- Add chicken, cilantro, garam masala.
- Option 1: Cook Outside of chicken, throw in a crockpot on high for 4 hours.
- Option 2: Cook chicken in a pan on med-high flame. Add cilantro and garam masala.
- Add boiled egg or potato (if you wish) at the end of cooking.
To check out more of our products, visit us at http://www.mayafoods.com/shop/products.html