Paneer Jalfrezi basically is an Indian-style stir-fry dish and spicy version of paneer recipe mainly cooked with onions, tomatoes and bell peppers. Paneer Jalfrezi goes fabulously with nan or pulao and gives a nice protein kick to the meal, especially for vegetarians.pulao and gives a nice protein kick to the meal, especially for vegetarians.
- Paneer (cut to long thin slices) – 340grams
- Black pepper – 1
- White pepper – 1
- Onions (cut to long thin slices)- 1 1/2 (medium size
- King Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- King Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Tomato paste (I have used canned tomato paste) – 3 oz
- Green Chillies chutney – 1 tsp
- Tomato(deseeded) – 1(cut into long thin slices)
- Red chiili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri Methi – 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Method of Preparation:
- Heat oil in a pan and sautee the paneer till golden brown and put it in hot water for 15 min or we can use fresh paneer too.
- Heat oil in the same pan and add the cumin seeds.
- Then add the onions and salt and fry till they become translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for two minutes.
- Now add the tomato paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Now add the red chili powder, coriander powder, and garam masala.
- Add a little water and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Now add the black peppers and fry for 5 minutes.
- Make sure the black peppers don’t get over cooked and they are still crunchy.
- Now add the paneer and tomatoes and combine well.
- Let it cook for another 10 minutes in low flame.
- Add the Kasuri methi by crushing them between the palms.
- Serve hot with Parathas.
To check out more of our products, visit us at
To know more delicious Paneer recipes visit here: https://blog.mayafoods.com/2017/05/19/paneer-wrap-by-maya-foods-2/