Bhakri is a round flat unleavened bread often used in the cuisine of western and central India.
Magic of Maya Spices for Authentic Taste
Recipe for Bhakri:
- Mix flour, oil and salt in a bowl. Add water as needed and knead a dough (make sure its a hard dough or else bhakris will become soft).
- Divide the dough into 10 equal parts and make balls out of them.
- Roll out each ball into a flattened semi thick bhakri (you can use a steel cup to cut out even shaped round bhakris). repeat the process with rest of the balls.
- Heat a tawa and place bhakri on it. Start pressing the bhakri with a cloth on both sides till it becomes golden brown from both sides.
- Cook the bhakris on medium flame. On cooling, bhakris will become hard but it will be crispy.
- It can be stored for a day but make sure you put in a container only after it is completely cooled (or else it will become soft). Serve bhakris with Besan or any kind of sabzis.
To check out more of our products, visit us at