Celebrate Eid in a grand way with the royal Sheer Khurma! This aromatic silken pudding finds its origins with the Mughals and in Urdu translates to ‘sweetened milk with dried dates and Maya Foods Pure Ghee’. Re-create this simple and authentic recipe at home and celebrate good times with family and friends.
- 2 tbsp Pure Ghee
- 1/4 cup vermicelli (sevaiyan)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup chopped dried fruits
- 2 tbsp raisins (kismis)
- 2 tbsp dates (khajur)
- 1 tsp chirongi nuts (charoli)
- 1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder for garnish
- 2 tbsp rose water
- Heat the pure ghee in a deep pan, add the vermicelli and cook till it turns golden brown.
- Add the sugar and milk and cook till the sugar dissolves.
- Add the dry fruits and raisins, mix well and allow it to simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the fresh dates, charoli, cardamom powder and rose water and simmer for another 1 to 2 minutes. If the sheer korma is too thick, add a little hot water and mix gently.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot or cold garnished with cardamom powder.
To check out more of our products, visit us at Click here