Sabudana Kheer is a delicious festive dessert made with sabudana (tapioca pearls) flavored with cardamom and saffron.
Magic of MayaFood Products
- 1/3 cup tapioca (sabudana, sago)
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sliced pistachios
- Few strands of saffron
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
Method of Preparation
- Wash and soak the tapioca in about 1/3 cups of water for at least two hours, Sabudana will soak up most of the water and become light and fluffy.
- Boil the milk in the heavy bottom pan after the milk comes to boil let it boil for about another 8 to 10 minutes making sure stirring occasionally so the milk does not burn in the bottom of the pan.
- Add the tapioca cook until tapioca is soft and has become translucent this should take about 4 minutes.
- Next add sugar, cardamom, pistachios, and saffron and boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat. As kheer will cool become little thicker in consistency.
- Kheer can be served chilled or warm.
Check out more Indian dessert sweet recipes, click here.
To check out more tasty recipes, visit us at Click here