This Mexican vegetarian dish is high in fiber and easy recipe to make your own tomato-flavored tortillas or wraps. These tortillas are perfect for tacos, wraps or quesadillas. You can also use a sun-dried tomato paste for an extra burst of tomato flavor.
Ingredients for Tomato Tortilla Recipe
- Tomato Puree 1 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour 1 1/2 cups
- Refined flour (maida) 1 cup
- Sugar 1/2 teaspoon
- Yeast 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt 3/4 teaspoon
- Take sugar and yeast in a bowl. Add two tablespoons warm water and set aside till the mixture begins to froth.
- Mix together whole wheat flour, refined flour, and salt in a bowl. Transfer this mixture into the dough maker.
- Add tomato puree and start the machine. Add the yeast mixture and work the machine till a soft dough is formed.
- Rest the dough for fifteen minutes Divide the dough into lemon sized portions and rest for five more minutes.
- Roll into rotis. Heat a tawa and roast the rotis till both the sides are evenly cooked.
- Use as required.